Saturday, July 15, 2017

Everybody Dance - Wow!

KA-POW!!!

I was in the mailroom helping Ulf the Unbelievadog and Kip the Mail Boy to un-jam the copier when I became aware of a commotion from outside - lots of clapping, cheering and "YAY"ing going on. Before I could even open my mouth to ask what in the name of Henri Petit's lighter was occurring, Michael came in and collared me.

"Jeff," he hissed, "There are some rather enthusiastic young folk outside who wish to converse with you."

"With me?" I asked.

"Oh yes, you. Clark and I have done our turn with them, and now it's up to you."

"Whaddya mean, 'up to me'?" I enquired, but before Michael could answer, there I was at the front door faced with the vibrantly-attired group you see above.

"HI, JEFF!!!!!" They cried as they saw me.

"Er, hello to you," I responded, to which some of the girls in the crew giggled and said things like "Aw, he's sooo British" in a swoonsome manner.

"And who, might I ask, are you lot?" (More cries of "Ooh, he's such an Englishman" etc.)

"We're The Unbelievable Dance Crew! And we're here because you're our heroes and you need a signature dance! We think it would be super awesomely cool if you guys had a signature dance named after you that people could do when they're out for the night!"

I was intrigued. "Go on..."

"So we need to find out what kind of dance moves you guys like so we can incorporate them into a super-cool fabby dance routine and teach it to people!"

"Well, OK. I like a lot of dances, but particularly ones from the 30s, 40s and 50s, like the Charleston, Lindy Hop, Black Bottom, etc. Not to mention the Jitterbug, the Bop and the Stroll. That enough to be going on with?"

"That's totes amazeballs, Jeff!!" They shouted. "We think they're fan-dabi-dozi too! Give us a couple weeks to get it all choreographed and we'll come back with a sneak preview for you chaps!"

"How nice, " I thought to myself as the crew left the building. "They even threw in some U.K. slang to show me how much they like me."

I wonder what they'll come up with?




No comments:

Post a Comment